Sunday, October 16, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Favorite School Subject

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History by Amy Coffin is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2011) that invite genealogists and others to record memories and insights about their own lives for future descendants. You do not have to be a blogger to participate. If you do not have a genealogy blog, write down your memories on your computer, or simply record them on paper and keep them with your files.
  • Week 42. Favorite School Subject. What was your favorite subject in school and why? Was it also your best subject?

Undoubtedly, Science.  And I can't just limit it to one field, either.  I enjoyed most science classes I took.  The only thing that slowed me down was the advanced math needed for some later classes like Physics.  And I was interested in sciences from a very early age.  My goal in elementary school was to become an astronaut.  I studied astronomy when I was that age, and even some later.

I really enjoyed the applied parts of the courses.  Chemistry was great fun, despite a crucible that exploded molten salt on my hand in 11th grade.  Biology was fun, as I got to handle the critters everyone brought in.  Snakes, frogs, salamanders, etc. 



This and all other articles on this blog are © copyright 2011 by Daniel G. Dillman

No comments:

Post a Comment