Monday, June 3, 2013

On This Day - June 3rd

On This Day...



1839 - Death: Tyrella A. Blair, Amherst, Lorain County, Ohio
1871 - Birth: Mary L Cox,
1880 - Alternate Marriage Info: Abraham Wiseman and Mary Olive Gleason, Crawford County, Indiana
1885 - Residence: Orville Wiseman, Dry Creek Precinct, Sherman, Nebraska
1905 - Residence: Keziah M. Thurston, Grove Park
1905 - Residence: John P. Ellenbecker, Wakefield
1905 - Residence: Mathilda M. Ellenbecker, Wakefield
1905 - Residence: Michael Ellenbecker, Wakefield
1905 - Residence: Emma Theisen, Wakefield
1908 - Birth: Rosa Hengel, Stearns County, Minnesota
1912 - Birth: Benedict Michael Koltes, Stearns County, Minnesota
1923 - Ordination: Henry A. Steichen,
1942 - Death: Josephine Wassel, Stearns County, Minnesota
1955 - Death: Adelheid A Keppers, Stearns, Minnesota
1992 - Death: Alta May Day, Yankton, South Dakota
2000 - Death: Gilbert Alfred Lommel, Saint Cloud, Stearns County, Minnesota
2001 - Death: Vernon Joseph Theisen, Elk River, Sherburne, Minnesota, United States of America

1992, my paternal grandmother, Alta May Day, died.  I have mentioned a number of times that she is the one responsible for me getting involved in genealogy.  I was away in the Navy when she died, and was not able to make it back for her funeral, but I had paid her a visit on my previous leave, within a year of this time.  I have all of her memoirs and photographs (including the negatives!) in my possession, going back to 1910 and a few before.


1923 - Note the ordination.  My wife's family is Catholic, and have had many become priests and nuns.

For some reason, this did not post on the day it was scheduled.  I am manually forcing it to publish several days late.  Sorry for the inconvenience...


This and all other articles on this blog are © copyright 2013 by Daniel G. Dillman

No comments:

Post a Comment